Next admission round:
- 3 years (36 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: BBA in Sustainable Tourism and Nature Conservation
The three years Bachelor of Business Administration program offers a theoretical and practical degree that addresses challenges in sustainability that leaders face in global business. This program ensures that sustainability is incorporated strategically in all aspects of every business's operations to provide the competitive edge required in todays complex business environment.
During the programs, students' knowledge and competencies are developed through exposure to real business operations and engagement in company projects in order to develop a practical approach to integrate sustainability into business. SUMAS students have worked with a range of companies in different sectors, such as Oko Forests and the African Wildlife Foundation.
These are all unique opportunities for students to network with some of the most relevant multinational companies.
Find the program's brochure here.
3 years divided into 9 terms.
30 core and 9 specialized modules, an intensive research project in Switzerland or abroad, a project management in the field of Business Policy and Strategy, a work experience (internship) and a final Capstone course.
Classes are based around discussions of cases, videos and role-play activities. Individual lectures upon request.
All SUMAS students have access to our unique eLearning platform, containing a wide variety of resources including eBook chapters, academic journal articles and links to online academic resources. We also encourage the use of our eLearning platform for communication between students and professors. As printing is discouraged, student projects are submitted digitally to professors.
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
Specifically at the end of the program students will be able to:
- Apply fundamental concepts of responsible management and sustainability
- Critically evaluate the concepts of sustainable tourism management and conservation of nature and be able to formulate practices for responsible tourism
- Critically analyze various complex situations and find innovative solutions
- Effectively communicate the concepts and processes of management as well as sustainability to diverse audiences and across cultures
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data necessary for success in the global business
In order to apply, the following documents are required :
- Application fee of CHF 200
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Copy of high school diploma with official transcripts (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School
If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school:
- TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or
- IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams.
- To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
Your application file will be reviewed by the Admissions Officer. If you are selected for the short list of candidates, you will be invited for an interview with the Academic Director.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed an International Baccalaureate with a minimum score of 30 or a High School Diploma or any secondary education at an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Students with final grades lower than IB 30 or GPA 2.5 can be accepted on probation depending on results subject by subject.
Course cost description:
1st year - 30 600 €
2nd year - 33 345 €
3rd year - 36090 €
Application cost description:
Application Fee (CH and EU) 180 €
Application Fee (None EU) 455 €