Next admission round:
- 3 years (36 months)
Start of the program:
Level of entry:
Presentation: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Major in Sports Management and Marketing
Geneva Business School's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Major in Sports Management provides students the possibility of combining their passion for sports with an in-depth understanding of business management, developing expertise in sports marketing, financing, event promotion and organization, communication, facilities management and the development of sports branding.
Students will acquire organization and communication skills & tools to manage sports events, teams, federations and sports clubs, as they also have the possibility of networking with professionally active faculty members and guest speakers, who work and represent various sports organizations.
Over the course of this program students will:
- Develop the communication and technical skills required to become an effective industry professional.
- Gain insight into practical business planning and management.
- Learn how to efficiently plan sporting events, manage team organization, merchandising, and marketing.
- Communication - How to express your views and make sure they are understood.
- Communication in Business
- Public Speaking
- Personal Branding
- Cross Cultural Communication
- World Languages
- Creativity - How to counter the “we've always done it this way” culture and create new opportunities and new ways of doing things.
- The Business Idea
- Customer Relationship Management
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Technology, Productivity and Change Management
- New Business Development
- People & Organizations
- The Data-Driven Business
- Collaboration - How to create and work in teams. How to develop skills of persuasion and negotiation.
- Negotiation Techniques
- Project Management
- Managing Buying and Selling
- Management Foundations
- Human Capital
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Team Building
- Global Awareness - Working in a globalised world brings many opportunities and challenges.
- Markets & Prices
- The Global Economy
- International Trade
- International Business Law
- Foreign Market Analysis
- Sociology: Main Issues of Contemporary Society
- Digital Business - The 21st century offers unparalleled opportunities to exploit new technologies and ride the wave of the 4th industrial revolution.
- Digital Tools for Business
- Applied Digital Marketing
- Building a Brand
- The Digital Revolution
- Business DNA - The fundamentals of business that every graduate needs to possess in order to succeed.
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance
- Mathematics of Finance
- Budgeting and Controlling
- Financial Statement
- Finance Foundations
- Money In, Money Out
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Sports Organizations - Strategic Management
- Media Relations & Communication in Sport
- The Business of Football
- Sport in Consumer Culture
- Sport and Globalization
- Emerging Technologies in the Sports Industry
- International Sports Federations & Organisations
- Sports Events & Facilities
- Sports Industry Innovation, Creativity & Entrepreneurship
- Sports Marketing
- Managing Talent in the Sports Industry
Qualifications/expertise after completing the program
With a bachelor in Sports Management, graduates can aspire to work as:
- Product Management Directors
- Gameday Operations Managers
- Public Relations Representatives
- Business Analysts
- Athletic Directors
- Sports Agents
- Event Managers
- Marketing Directors
- Social Media Managers
- Swiss Maturité, International Baccalaureate of minimum 30 points, 3 A-levels, High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 70 or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
- A 500 word essay: What can you bring to the GBS community?
- Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
- 1 reference letter
Other application costs:
- Administration fee - One time fee to be paid after being accepted and before receiving the Final Acceptance Letter: 1900 €
Course cost description:
Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
Administration Fee: € 1,900 (One time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
Tuition per semester: € 5,730 (Total 3 year program / 6 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
TOTAL: € 36,430
Application cost description:
Non refundable. To be paid upon application